Monday, March 25, 2013

A couple of mondays passed by

I keep trying to live my visual life and the other, boring life seems to intrude.

We got to Seattle this weekend to see one, perfect, beautiful, Sean Scully painting. Now I remember why I want to paint and I am sitting in the studio looking at this


It needs more history, I think I will sand down the blue some more and even out the bottom color. Hmmm.

We will see where it goes...

It was sunny in Seattle and for the first time we saw the James Turrell piece in the sunshine, spectacular it filled me with hope.




2 comments:

  1. HI guys, back in the swing. Have a week off and in the studio-hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kate.
    there is such a contrast in the color and texture from top to bottom in this painting.(intriguing) i love the color and brushstrokes in the sky and wonder, have you changed it since then and what is the scale, and material?
    &&&&&&&&
    and i have a NYT magazine saved for you, with a long article about James Turrell, if you don't already have it.

    ReplyDelete