Monday, January 10, 2011

blasting the core


In an effort to lose my gut, and increase my energy, I' hittin' the Nordic Track again, which is in the basement with my studio. I took a break from painting today to bust it out on the Track and listen to inspirational music.

Once I build up enough stamina that I'm not all woozy after 15 minutes, I'll see what it's like to actually get BACK to painting after the Track!

I hope to eventually paint while on the 'runner's high.'

Anyway, still working towards the February show at Gallery 114 so I should have many chances to hit the Track for the next three weeks.

Here's a picture of the next step in painting: the joint compound has dried, and I begin to make gestural marks all over the place with a pencil. Nobody better copy this technique.

2 comments:

  1. don't try painting and tracking at the same time! enough.
    the painting/drawing is lovely. is this really just a step, or a finish? following along with interest, the progress, the inspiration( what ARE you listening to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would be content with that as a finish...it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete