Thursday, February 14, 2013

Running Away

I started running more seriously about a year ago. Actually managed to eek out a half marathon last fall 
and training for another this spring. I like to run because I see the world. And sometimes I get lucky and see my blogger pals-(Kirsten, smiling, in bright blue to match the beautiful day).

I also see funny things that I know I can't paint, but imbed themselves and influence how the visual world appears. I was running the other evening, before it was really dark, and encountered two young, curly haired, red-headed children. A boy and a girl, maybe 4 and 6. One was careening around on a small tricycle. They yelled to me from across the street to come quick and see. The girl got off her tricycle and they both pointed vigorously at something in the grass. Calmly looking up at me was an enormous  old tortoise. 

I don't how this image will end up in a painting, maybe  the color of their beautiful hair will make its way in, or the texture of the tortoise's back in the grass, or the light in the sky just at dusk.

 Sometimes I just stop and take a picture to remember the beautiful light and the muted colors of winter



3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, kate, how your days and your art weave together. where did that lovely old tortoise come from i wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely image you describe, and photo. (And yes, I loved running into you, almost literally!). This post reminds us to look and notice, everywhere, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Чух тези две деца вчера в ресторант
    - Един от тях каза, какво е шоколадов пудинг?
    - Другият каза, че е добре, това е много прилича на шоколад лос

    ReplyDelete